Microsoft just released the first public and stable beta for Windows 11, but not everyone will be able to install it. Even though Windows 11 appears to be more of a visual overhaul than a dramatic reinvention of the OS, Microsoft has made some key changes that make it exclusive to newer hardware. Even some of the company’s own Surface devices won’t be able to run Windows 11, so here’s how to find out if your PC will.
What are the minimum specs?
These are the official minimum specs for Windows 11:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB or more
- Firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- Security: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: 720p, at least 9″ diagonal
- An internet connection is required to install Windows 11 Home edition.
There are some other requirements for specific features, but these are the basic ones needed to get things running. ReadMore
Source : thenextweb