On Saturday, the nation celebrates Armed Forces Day, a day set aside to honor those who serve in the country’s military.
Many businesses are stepping up to offer service men and women discounts and deals.
Here are a few offers aimed at military members and their families. Some are for this weekend specifically, while others are available all year.
- Allen Edmonds: With proof of military service, veterans can get 25% off regular-priced merchandise. ID is required at checkout.
- Apple: Get a military discount on iPhones, iPads, iPods and Macs through Apple’s Military/Government Purchase Program.
- Armitron.com: If you need a watch, Armitron is offering active duty and military retirees a 10% discount on their Armitron watch purchase at the company’s website throughout the year. Military ID verification required. One code per day on the site.
- Bates Footwear: Active duty, retired military and their dependents are eligible for discounts up to 47%. ID is required.
- Blue Star Museums: Beginning Saturday and running through Labor Day (Sept. 2), Blue Star Museums is offering free admission to service members and up to five family members. There are more than 2,000 museums nationwide for service members to choose from. You must show a CAC or dependent ID card for free admission.
- Boston Market: Veterans Advantage: Members get a 20% discount at all Boston Market locations.
- Chuck E. Cheese: You can get a pizza deal from Chuck E. Cheese using your military ID. Choose from two deals: Alpha – a large, one-topping pizza, four drinks and 45 play points for $28.99 (regularly $40); or Bravo – two large 1-topping pizzas, four drinks and 100 play points for $46.99 (regularly $69). The deal is for active duty, guard, reserve and retired members and their dependents, and it is available year round.
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Active duty and retired military can get the Military Family Rate at participating locations. Military ID is required at check-in.
- Foot Locker: Active duty military and veterans can get 20% off most purchases.
- GovX: GovX is a shopping site for active duty and retired military members and first responders that offers deals on tickets, hotel rooms, apparel, gear and other items. Check the site for deals and significant discounts on such items.
- Home Depot: Home Depot offers a year-round 10% discount up to $500 to active duty personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families.
- Jockey: Jockey offers10% off to active duty military, veterans and their families.
- Karen Kane: Get 20% off all purchases for active duty and veterans and their family with verification.
- La Quinta by Wyndham: Active duty and veterans can get a 12% discount off the best available rate at all La Quinta by Wyndham hotels in the U.S. and Canada. ID required at check-in.
- Legoland Florida Resort: LEGOLAND is offering free admission to service members for its LEGOLAND Florida park and water park. There are no restrictions or blackout dates. You must show your military ID at the ticket window. There are discounted tickets available or non-active duty, family members and veterans. For those tickets, check with a military base’s Information, Tickets and Travel (ITT) office.
- LEGOLAND hotels: Service members may also get a discount at LEGOLAND hotels. The discount, up to 25% off room rates, requires a valid military ID at check-in and is subject to availability.
- Lenovo: Get a 15% discount off your entire purchase if you are active duty, a reservist, a veteran or an immediate family member. ID is required.
- L.L.Bean: Get a 10% military discount for active duty members, retirees, veterans and reservists. You must have an ID for the discount.
- Lowe’s: Lowe’s offers 10% off purchases for active duty, retirees and veterans. Sign up through the MyLowe’s card.
- National Veterans Memorial and Museum: The museum in Columbus, Ohio, offers free admission to active duty, veteran, retired military and Gold Star Families. You must show proof of service with a military ID, a veteran ID, DD-214 or driver’s license that denotes military status.
- Omaha Steaks: Get 10% off on online orders if you are active duty military, a retiree, a veteran, a military spouses or a dependent. Verification is required.
- Orvis: Get a 10% discount for active duty military, National Guardsmen and reserves, veterans and their families.
- Red Roof Inn: Get a 10% discount at Red Roof Inn, subject to availability at participating locations. There are some blackout dates. Use VP code VP#606732 when booking online.
- Rosetta Stone: Get 10% off Rosetta Stone subscription services and lessons.
- SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place: Get one free admission per year for military personnel and as many as three dependents. The offer is good at your choice of three SeaWorld parks (Florida, Texas, California); the two Busch Gardens parks (Virginia and Florida); and Sesame Place, Pennsylvania. Register with ID.me and show military ID at the front gate.
- Super 8 by Wyndham: Wyndham Super 9 hotels offer a 15% discount to active duty and retired military members, plus veterans and their families.
- Vail Resorts: Vail ski resorts offer the Military Epic Pass for $129 a season. The discount is available to active duty, retired military and family members for the 2019/2020 season and includes unlimited and unrestricted access to 18 resorts.
- Vet Tix: Vet Tix offers free tickets to sporting events, concerts and other entertainment activities to military and veterans. The tickets have been donated to the nonprofit and are available usually for only a small handling fee.
- Vineyard Vines: Active duty, National Guardsmen and reserves, retirees and veterans get 15% off (some exclusions apply).
- Walt Disney World: Walt Disney World has several discounts aimed at military members. They include:
4-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Option for $241 plus tax
5-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Option $257 plus tax
4-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Plus Option $291 plus tax
5-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Plus Option $307 plus tax
Purchase 5-Day Military Promotional Tickets now through Dec. 15, 2019, and 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets now through Dec. 16, 2019.
- Westgate Resorts: Military members receive 10% off the best available rate year-round.
- Zappos: Get a 10% discount off all online purchases at Zappos. Go to Zappos.com/programs to verify eligibility and sign up for the program.